Welcome to my online classroom.
My name is Carrie Corso and I teach special education grades 9-12 in a self-contained setting for students to receive small group instruction in all academic areas. In my class, students will use a positive behavior tracking form daily that records behaviors, social skills, and work progress on a hourly basis.
On my page, you will find a daily schedule with our classroom routine andclassroom rules and expectations. You will also find web based lessons that can be completed remotely in case of a school closure.
Daily Classroom Schedule
- Cafeteria Cleanup
- M/T/W/F-Music Therapy, Yoga, or Walk
- TH-Campus Beautificaton
- M-W Social Skills
- Th/F Art
- Daily News and Questions
- Novel Study
Lessons in case of school closures
- Go to www.wonderopolis.org on your school ipad. You will click on Wonder of the Day. Read and answer questions to story on ipad. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.
- Go to https://teenkidsnews.com/ on your school ipad. You will watch today’s news program and write 5 facts about what you learned. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.
- Go to https://www.readworks.org/ on your school ipad. You will login to your account. Read and answer questions to one reading passage.
- Go to link and start your morning yoga routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKA7fENhwEQ&list=PLxwFkFSeOQsjxkjWFt2YN2_30Z0b6_Adw&index=4&t=40s
- Go to https://www.journalbuddies.com/journal-prompts-writing-ideas/writing-for-fun-elementary-kids/ and pick one journal topic and write 5 sentences. Save your answers and submit via Google Classroom or complete on paper and return to school.