Hello! My name is Emily White. I am a 5th grade English/Language Arts teacher and Sikeston Junior High School cheerleading coach. I live in Sikeston with my husband, D.j., and our beagle/heeler mix, Lulabelle. I am originally from St. Louis, where most of my family still lives. In my free time I love reading, writing, playing video games, playing volleyball, working out, hanging out with friends, and spending time with my husband and dog. We do not have any children yet, but in the meantime love spoiling our three nephews (ages 8, 4, and 1) and one niece (age 10).
10 Fun Facts About Mrs. White!
- I was a Girl Scout for 10 years, including 4 years as a Resident Camp Counselor, 1 year as a Project Anti-Violence Education leader, and 1 year as a co-leader to a Daisy Troop. My former Daisies will be in 7th grade this year!
- I’m a beagle fanatic. Lula is my 3rd beagle and we were thrilled to rescue her from the Humane Society. My first, Penny, was a purebred my parents bought when I was 9. Then, my parents got Jake (also known as Jake Ryan McBeagle from State Farm) when I was in college. He and my Lula are best doggy friends!
- I’m the youngest of 3 girls; my two older sisters were 9 and 11 when I was born.
- In my life, I’ve been an Eagle (Lee-Hamilton Elementary/Ferguson-Florissant School District) a Tiger (Festus R-6 Schools), a Redhawk (SEMO), and now a Bulldog :)
- Teaching runs in my family. At family reunions on my mom’s side of the family, I’m one of 8 teachers!
- I’ve wanted to be a teacher since 3rd grade; with the exception of a short period of time in 4th grade where I wanted to be a forensic analyst.
- My best friend has been my friend since we were 3. We never went to the same school and only lived near each other for 8 years.
- I have to travel 8+ hours to see my niece and nephews, as they live in Colorado and Kentucky.
- I used to make music videos where the lyrics to the song play on screen. I have an old YouTube channel with millions of views and thousands of subscribers because of it.
- I am a huge nerd – I love all things Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Avengers (especially Captain America), and so much more. I attend Comic Con in St. Louis every year and the next time I am able to go, I plan to dress up as my favorite character (Agent Peggy Carter).